It seems we have a couple of different tags which are different ways of saying "film and tv terminology":

There are also many other questions which would fit in this category but have no similar tags, such as:

And many more.

I'm certain we should merge and , but what about the others? And what should the merged tag be called?

1 Answer 1


As it's my personal preference and I really don't like the term "jargon":

Put them all under the tag.

It's short and to the point, and doesn't make a distinction between film and television, which there really doesn't need to be.

  • 1
    After two months it seems the community has unanimously accepted your proposed solution as the best one. Now we only need a moderator to do the dirty work.
    – Napoleon Wilson Mod
    Oct 23, 2014 at 12:41
  • @NapoleonWilson Ask and you shall receive?
    – Catija
    Jun 12, 2015 at 23:03
  • I agree with this as well (though I think we shouldn't confuse 'support' with 'unanimous support'--I don't think you can get unanimous support on SE sites. :)
    – DA.
    Jun 14, 2015 at 0:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .