Considering that this SE also has a number of those, would it make sense to introduce a similar tag here, e.g. for questions like "In what order should I watch the X-Men movies?"?
First of all, I agree that those questions can make reasonable questions with answers that might reveal interesting approaches to a series of films. The answers to such questions, while not necessarily having the one true 100% correct viewing order among them, can still very well be backed by reasonable arguments that do not have to devolve into mere subjective opinion-pieces, even when arguing against both chronological and release order. As long as you can provide explanations in which way a suggested order adds to the understanding of the story, the appreciation of its themes, or the discovery of new interesting connections and don't just say that you "enjoyed watching it this way" or that "half the movies are crap anyway and can be left out". The lack of a single 100% correct answer is not necessarily a bad thing. This doesn't mean that those questions don't offer the possibility to attract opinionated non-answers and shouldn't be kept under close surveillance (and possible protection if misuse becomes apparent). But many interesting questions present that danger.
That being said, if we decide to introduce a tag for them, I would like to slap it onto more than plain "in what order should I watch this series?" questions. We also now and then have questions of the form "should I watch this to understand this?", which even by "suggested order" detractors could be argued to be more objectively reasonable than plain suggested order questions. While they could be argued to ask for a partial order, too, they aren't necessarily asking for a "suggested order" to watch a whole series. So I would like the tag to reflect those kinds of questions, too, and I'm not yet sure the name
suggested-order really does that.
As of now we have quite a few of the "classic" full order requests:
- In what order should a newcomer watch Star Wars episodes?
- What is the best order to watch LotR/Hobbit franchise?
- In what order should I watch the X-Men movies?
- Best order to watch the Underworld movie series
- What is the best order to watch Batman animated movies?
- Battlestar galatica movies and series watch order
- In what order should I watch The planet of the Apes franchise?
- Does it matter in which order I watch the "Man With No Name" trilogy? (This merely asks if there even is a significant order at all, but could still be counted as "suggested order" question.)
And then there are also a few "partial order" questions, or making sense of material without having seen the previous installments:
- Do I need to watch the Hannibal movies before I watch the show?
- Any significance to watching The Originals for understanding The Vampire Diaries and if yes then in which order?
- How far back do I need to watch Doctor Who for it to still make sense?
However, we should be careful to separate those questions against questions that as for a hard order of chronology within the story, which is not necessarily the answer to each of the above suggested order questions. Thos would rather be tagged chronology and are quite different to "suggested order" questions in their essece. I would count all of those questions listed above as "suggested order" questions.
So to sum up: Yes, I think a tag for those questions could be a good idea, but I would like to use it for more than full order questions about a series and would like the tag name to reflect that, which I'm not sure
suggested-order does sufficiently.