The question, What is the name of this painting displayed on the Domo's wall in Eternals? - which was closed as both "trivia" and "identification" was unilaterally left closed in the reopen review queue as "Original close reason(s) were not resolved" by a community moderator, Napoleon Wilson ♦, taking it out of the reopen review queue.
This is despite the fact that the community has changed its stance to now allow “trivia” questions, so the “trivia” close reason is no longer valid. And the fact that only identification questions that ask to identify movies and TV shows (and episodes) are considered off-topic here. (There is no community consensus to ban all questions that involve identifying something about a movie.)
Also, the site has several open, well-received, similar questions that ask to identify paintings, photos, or other objects in movies or TV shows:
- Whose portrait hangs on the wall in the movie "The Godfather Part I"?
- Name of a painting in Wall Street (1987)
- Who is in the painting behind Mycroft's desk in "The Empty Hearse"?
- Can anybody identify this painting from Black Widow?
- What book is Rachel reading?
- What is the title of the book Sonya drops at the train station?
- Who/what is this action figure in Abby's lab?
- What photograph can be seen in Gideon's living room in All That Jazz?
- What is the painting in the end credits of 'La Piovra' season 4?
- Significance of the painting in Mallory's office "My question is: What painting is that?"
- What is the large painting in the background from the meeting with Santino and how does it relate to the scene?
- Why is this picture used in the opening titles of Cheers, and where is it from?
- what is this pistol John Wick and Caine use during their epic duel?
I am puzzled why this question was kept closed, as it does not appear to fall under any of our close reasons. We have many similar questions that are open and well-received. Why are those allowed and the one about Eternals isn’t? Some of those questions are more than a decade old.
Note: I was one of the initial close voters, but I have since realized why it was a mistake. Hence, my reopen vote and this meta post.
Could someone please explain this inconsistency and provide some guidance? (by posting an answer)
This post is also a request to please reopen the question: What is the name of this painting displayed on the Domo's wall in Eternals?