I taking an indefinite hiatus
I am taking an indefinite hiatus due to chronic mismanagement from Stack Exchange as a company, and new rules coercing users to use preferred pronouns on a site that formerly didn't care if you were male, female, or a dog. I am especially troubled by the fact that those with religious objections to this policy are being implicitly told they are not welcome here.
Ironically, the policy of "inclusion" by forcing American political ideology on all users has left me feeling very excluded from the community. Until such a time as things change, and we can go back to building a community of experts who ask and answer questions, I will not be participating in the community.
Member for 5 years, 3 months
19 profile views
Last seen Sep 26 at 18:41
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 33k 33k 3232 gold badges162162 silver badges344344 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 11.8k 11.8k 88 gold badges4747 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 11k 11k 99 gold badges6060 silver badges120120 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 9k 9k 1212 gold badges6161 silver badges107107 bronze badges
- Board & Card Games 6.2k 6.2k 55 gold badges3232 silver badges7171 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 690 Where is Java Installed on Mac OS X?
- 185 Why doesn’t the IRS just send me a bill for the taxes I owe based on the info they already have?
- 164 Was Kirk and Uhura's kiss in Star Trek really the first interracial kiss on TV?
- 160 Why did the Matrix simulate 1999 instead of a pre-computer year?
- 155 How do I get players to say "no" when they are afraid of missing out on sidequests or XP?
- 116 How can I find restaurants in the USA where tipping is not expected?
- 114 Higher up doesn't carry around their security badge and asks others to let them in. What should I do about this security issue?
- View more network posts →