I prefer science fiction or a good space opera, but find that quality ones are few and far between nowadays - they all tend to be action films. Not that action films are bad, as long as they're billed that way. The Undiscovered Country is one of my favourite films, but you-know-who has made a mess of the Star Trek property.
I'm also a fan of political drama and political thrillers, though again... mostly older ones. I don't particular care for terrorist-of-the-week style plots. Hunt for Red October is still one of my all-time favourite films.
I watch police/criminal procedural TV shows, but mostly for the characters. The forensic science in
some most of them is laughable. Numb3rs was particularly bad, trying to apply some arcane calculation to every crime, but I loved the interaction between the two brothers and the father. I'm enjoying Blindspot, but I sincerely hope they don't screw up revealing how the whole thing started.
Member for 4 years, 4 months
4 profile views
Last seen Feb 26 at 16:23
- Role-playing Games 35.6k 35.6k 55 gold badges132132 silver badges183183 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 4.2k 4.2k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 1.7k 1.7k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Arqade 1.3k 1.3k 88 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1k 1k 77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 116 Can the DM change his/her mind after a player has rolled?
- 107 Why didn't the Imperials block the exhaust port on the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin?
- 79 Is there a way to ask in game (i.e. in a non-meta way) what a character's class is?
- 75 Why would shapeshifters choose to keep an original form?
- 69 Can a lower ranking officer (Captain, for example) be in charge of a ship with a higher ranking officer (Commodore, or Rear Admiral) on board?
- 65 Do you have to have figures when playing D&D?
- 56 PCs using disciplinary talk from DM as leverage, leading to group dysfunction
- View more network posts →