I prefer science fiction or a good space opera, but find that quality ones are few and far between nowadays - they all tend to be action films. Not that action films are bad, as long as they're billed that way. The Undiscovered Country is one of my favourite films, but you-know-who has made a mess of the Star Trek property.
I'm also a fan of political drama and political thrillers, though again... mostly older ones. I don't particular care for terrorist-of-the-week style plots. Hunt for Red October is still one of my all-time favourite films.
I watch police/criminal procedural TV shows, but mostly for the characters. The forensic science in
some most of them is laughable. Numb3rs was particularly bad, trying to apply some arcane calculation to every crime, but I loved the interaction between the two brothers and the father. I'm enjoying Blindspot, but I sincerely hope they don't screw up revealing how the whole thing started.
Member for 4 years, 9 months
5 profile views
Last seen 6 hours ago
- Role-playing Games 39.8k 39.8k 55 gold badges141141 silver badges201201 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 5k 5k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Movies & TV 2.1k 2.1k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Arqade 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 116 Can the DM change his/her mind after a player has rolled?
- 107 Why didn't the Imperials block the exhaust port on the Death Star during the Battle of Yavin?
- 94 Is there a way to ask in game (i.e. in a non-meta way) what a character's class is?
- 75 Why would shapeshifters choose to keep an original form?
- 69 Can a lower ranking officer (Captain, for example) be in charge of a ship with a higher ranking officer (Commodore, or Rear Admiral) on board?
- 67 Do you have to have figures when playing D&D?
- 58 How does the Drow House Captain's whip attack work?
- View more network posts →