Eli Klein works as a contracted statistical analyst for a Fortune 100 engineering company. He holds a Masters of Engineering in Systems Engineering from the University of Virginia, and a Bachelors of Science in Mathematics with a minor in Physics from James Madison University.
He believes that the ability to combine computer based simulation modeling with data analysis helps drive policy decisions and business needs, and that his skills and the work he puts into honing them makes him well placed to be able to assist his customer directly increase performance.
He is committed to continuous improvement and lifelong learning, whether by perusing and obtaining higher education, participating in many communities at StackOverflow, reading books and blogs about programming and data analysis, and taking free online courses in those same fields.
Eli strongly believes that people in technical fields should hold to a code of ethics, especially in what they produce and how it benefits society. He upholds that ideal by striving to improve society's well being. He is committed to guarding against unintended consequences by considering all the stakeholders, the life cycle of the project, performing risk analysis, and performing through testing to minimize errors. And he is careful to consider his impact on the social structure of the workplace and society, seeking to improve and make it welcoming.
Member for 4 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 24 '16 at 16:43
- Mathematics 1.7k 1.7k 99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.1k 1.1k 88 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Academia 770 770 11 gold badge66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 655 655 44 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Politics 466 466 22 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 20 Colleague erroneously got a grade that is too high
- 20 How can I tell if an honor society is legitimate?
- 19 How to throw off suspicion for the big reveal in a way that it is not unfairly blindsiding them?
- 12 Has Russia damaged its reputation by lying?
- 12 Is there a way to play a mage in Dragon Age that won't be bossed around, locked up, or killed?
- 11 Is it considered poor etiquette to negotiate when offered a raise?
- 10 Does a presidential runner up get automatic security clearance in the US?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
May 24 '16