With USMC in early 70's I was an avionics tech working at intermediate level on transponders and TACANs. (The Navy/USMC had three maintenance levels: Line, Intermediate, and Rework.)
I bought my first computer back around 1985, an 8086 with 16 KB of memory, two 5.25 inch floppies, and no hard drive. I bought a 32 MB hard drive for it not long afterward. The thing was so heavy you could use it for a boat anchor.
With AT&T I started out working in the field installing phone lines. My last ten years with them I supported, designed, and tested an in-house web (IE) application.
My interests include computing, Excel VBA, BASIC, and photo editing. I have also played with assembler and Pascal. I also like photography, science in general but am particularly interested in physics, chemistry, and earth sciences.
Member for 4 years
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 30 '17 at 19:36
Top network posts
- 40 Do military bases still employ wheel watchers?
- 24 What is the purpose of the small fins on top of the wing surface of Boeing aircraft?
- 24 Does rubber dust become magnetic?
- 22 Official degrees of earth’s rotation per day
- 17 Is it true that earthquakes are not felt in a cave?
- 17 What does "Managed by Windows" do in the Power options for network connection?
- 16 What lifting gas was used for barrage balloons during the world wars?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jun 23 '17