With USMC in early 70's I was an avionics tech working at intermediate level on transponders and TACANs. (The Navy/USMC had three maintenance levels: Line, Intermediate, and Rework.)
I bought my first computer back around 1985, an 8086 with 16 KB of memory, two 5.25 inch floppies, and no hard drive. I bought a 32 MB hard drive for it not long afterward. The thing was so heavy you could use it for a boat anchor.
With AT&T I started out working in the field installing phone lines. My last ten years with them I supported, designed, and tested an in-house web (IE) application.
My interests include computing, Excel VBA, BASIC, and photo editing. I have also played with assembler and Pascal. I also like photography, science in general but am particularly interested in physics, chemistry, and earth sciences.
Member for 4 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 30 '17 at 19:36
- Earth Science 1.9k 1.9k 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 1.3k 1.3k 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 1.2k 1.2k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 1.1k 1.1k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Astronomy 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 40 Do military bases still employ wheel watchers?
- 26 What is the purpose of the small fins on top of the wing surface of Boeing aircraft?
- 24 Does rubber dust become magnetic?
- 23 Official degrees of earth’s rotation per day
- 17 Is it true that earthquakes are not felt in a cave?
- 17 What does "Managed by Windows" do in the Power options for network connection?
- 16 How to prevent creation of "System Volume Information" folder in Windows 10 for USB flash drives?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Jun 23 '17