Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 4 years
2 profile views
Last seen Jun 12 at 10:40
- Unix & Linux♦ 181.7k 181.7k 4949 gold badges350350 silver badges540540 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 83.5k 83.5k 1515 gold badges168168 silver badges258258 bronze badges
- Super User 47.1k 47.1k 1111 gold badges106106 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.1k 20.1k 1414 gold badges7373 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 18.7k 18.7k 55 gold badges3838 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1130 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 836 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 636 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 433 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 315 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 240 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 231 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →