GNU/Linux hacker and command line junkie.
I like efficient code, and knowing how things really work.
I mostly use C/C++ (and perl/bash) on Linux, but I mostly look at assembly-language stuff on SO because it's more interesting to me, and there are fewer people posting good asm answers.
(profile pic is from https://xkcd.com/386/, and describes me perfectly. Incomplete answers/explanations make me crazy.)
Member for 3 years, 10 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 11 '16 at 3:15
- Stack Overflow 158k 158k 2323 gold badges254254 silver badges406406 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 4.8k 4.8k 1616 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Super User 3k 3k 1717 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Code Golf 2.5k 2.5k 1212 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Video Production 2.2k 2.2k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1839 C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture faster than hand-written assembly - why?
- 398 Deoptimizing a program for the pipeline in Intel Sandybridge-family CPUs
- 274 Does the C++ standard allow for an uninitialized bool to crash a program?
- 195 What is the best way to set a register to zero in x86 assembly: xor, mov or and?
- 185 Can num++ be atomic for 'int num'?
- 144 Why does glibc's strlen need to be so complicated to run quickly?
- 121 Why does this delay-loop start to run faster after several iterations with no sleep?
- View more network posts →